Shopee makes its move into Latin America
- Shopee is one of the largest e-commerce platforms in Southeast Asia
- The company launched a pilot initiative in 2019 in Brazil, but is now expanding
- The company has a market capitalization of US$120 million
- The Shopee app was among the 10 most downloaded apps in Brazil
Shopee, one of the largest e-commerce platform in Southeast Asia has made its foray into Brazil. The company first launched a pilot initiative in the country in 2019, but have now decided to expand into a fully-fledged office. In Brazil, the Shopee app was among the ten most downloaded app in the country and Shopee has since ran various marketing and sales campaigns to grow its customer base.
This includes participating in the Black Friday campaign and had recently launched a 2.2 sales campaign on 2nd February.
Since its launch, the company has the biggest growth in the following products
- Electronics and home appliances
- Health and Beauty
Recently, the company has also implemented a 5% commission on all sales. Shopee is the commercial arm of Southeast Asia’s SEA, which also owns Garena (a leading online games developer and publisher) and SeaMoney (digital payments).